Invisalign Treatment in Memphis
Straighten your smile by addressing cross-bite, overbite, crowding, and gaps with Invisalign today!
Our dentists in Memphis would love to set up a consultation to have you! Our Invisalign treatment is available at any of our Higginbotham Family Dental locations, including those in Memphis, TN!
Navigate Your Treatment for the Best Results
Things to Consider During Treatment
There may be a few days that wearing that Invisalign aligner for most of the day just isn’t going to happen. Nobody’s perfect! We get it, but that will affect the speed of your results. You’d be surprised at how many people still expect our doctors and staff to know how often they will end up wearing their trays before Invisalign treatment begins. This is why those treatment check-ups are crucial! Let our dentists and hygienists evaluate your progress, and alter treatment if it’s needed.
Still, it will be best to try to stick to the instructed amount of time per day of wearing your aligners. This is how you will achieve the results you’re looking for! Our staff will provide lots of other tips throughout your treatment to help you, but below are some things we know you can’t do Invisalign without.
- Oral hygiene during your Invisalign treatment journey is im-per-a-tive. Those trays could press any leftover food into and between your teeth, and that becomes a breeding pin for bacteria. As long as you’re meticulous about proper hygiene, you’ll have shiny, clean teeth throughout the whole process! Hopefully, those healthy habits will stick around after, too!
- Clean your aligner trays, not just your teeth. Basic cleaning includes brushing with a soft-bristled toothbrush and rinsing with water. You’ll be provided with some cleaning solutions at your appointment that will do the trick. Aligners should be cleaned every day!
- Bring your aligner case EVERYWHERE. You will probably only take out your trays to eat for a few minutes, but you’ll do that about three or four times per day minimum! This is the most likely time that they will get lost or dirty. To reduce the vulnerability of these hugely expensive pieces of plastic, bring your aligner case wherever you go.
- No gum or colored drinks! You could end up with slightly red or blue trays for days. If you want your aligner to stay clear, stick to water! NEVER drink hot beverages with your aligners in – the plastic could melt.
More Invisalign Tips
- Mouthwash isn’t going to clean your Invisalign tray. We’re sorry, it isn’t. Buutttt our staff will provide you with exactly what will clean your trays super easily! Again, trays should be cleaned every day. You’re stuck with one for a whole week or more, so you definitely don’t want it to get grimy and colored.
- You might have heard of the “Invisalign Diet.” Many people’s tendency to snack lowers significantly during Invisalign treatment because of the extensive measures needed to clean their teeth before replacing them. While this can be a perk to some, it isn’t advisable to undergo Invisalign treatment with the intention of losing weight.
- Switch out your aligners before you go to sleep. This way, you’ll sleep through the majority of the time you may experience discomfort from a new tray. By the time you wake, you’ll have adjusted a ton.
- Don’t throw away your old trays. If one gets lost or turns a funky color because of something you drank or ate with them in, your progress could be put on hold or even lost while you wait for that new tray to come in. If you still have your previous aligner, wearing that could prevent your teeth from shifting back until you can make it to see us!
Small Hassle = Big Results
This all may make it seem like Invisalign is a lot of work, but money isn’t the only thing that you’re investing to achieve a healthier, straighter smile. It’s important to understand that you’re also sacrificing your daily routines and some of your time during those mid-treatment appointments. In this area, the more time spent on oral health you invest, the more you get out of it. Many people find the process meaningful as it raises their standards for oral hygiene, even if they’re also looking forward to their end results.
Interested In Getting Invisalign?
View our “Make the Most of Your Invisalign Consultation” article or visit our Invisalign page to explore Invisalign further. If you have questions regarding payment options or insurance, you can call our office and speak to an insurance coordinator. Keep in mind that we also accept third-party payments such as care credit. We understand the importance of a healthy smile and strive to provide affordable options for dental and orthodontic care, which is why we also offer our Discount Dental Plan.