Prepare for Your Appointment
After you floss and scrub your teeth spotless at home, it’s always helpful to show up ten to fifteen minutes early to the dentist, even for your FREE Invisalign consultation! This way you can fill out any paperwork that might be needed, get acquainted with your dentist’s office, and check in for your appointment. For new patients at Higginbotham Family Dental, your paperwork is sent to you electronically so you can answer it at your convenience – but you should still try to arrive 10 minutes early to your appointment.
Have These Questions Written Down Before Your Appointment
Everyone’s experience with Invisalign is different, so it may be difficult for your dentist to answer specific questions like “how much does this cost,” or, “how long will my treatment last?” before an exam. You receive the most accurate answers after your dentist creates a plan specifically for you based on your 3-D digital iTero scan. That being said, there is still plenty of information the doctor provides you in this cosmetic consultation.
Ask Your Dentist at Your Free Invisalign Consultation
1. What disqualifies me from receiving Invisalign treatment? This is a great question for your dentist in your cosmetic consultation, as answers vary!
2. How will treatment begin? After you decide to pursue your dream smile with Invisalign, your first appointment consists of your iTero digital scan and treatment planning!
3. Are 6-month hygiene dentist appointments still necessary? Yes! Because treatment visits focus primarily on your teeth alignment, it is important to continue your normal hygiene visits twice yearly. Double-check this with your dentist (they may want to schedule a treatment and hygiene appointment for the same day/time)!
4. How often will Invisalign treatment appointments take? This may depend on your treatment plan, but appointments are usually scheduled every 4–8 weeks. These appointments help monitor your progress with your trays. As long as you are only in the chair for your Invisalign treatment progress, and not a cleaning, expect to spend less than 30 minutes at your dentist.
5. What can I eat during treatment? Since your aligners are easily removed when you eat, there are no dietary restrictions during your treatment! Remember to brush your teeth before you put them back on to prevent food from lodging in your teeth and gums.
Know What To Do When Things Go Wrong
6. What if my aligners get lost or broken? Clean your aligners with a soft toothbrush and store them properly when you’re not wearing them. This should help dispel a few situations they may be likely to break or become lost. However, if something happens to your aligners, make sure you schedule an appointment right away to get a replacement! Know that there might be an extra cost for replacing aligners.
7. What if my teeth don’t track properly with my trays during treatment? If you feel that your aligners are not fitting your teeth well, contact your dentist or orthodontist right away. This might cause a brief delay in treatment, while new trays are ordered from the lab. On the other hand, you might simply be given aligner tray seaters (a small, soft device to chew on that will help ease air bubbles out of your aligners and help settle the tray flush to your teeth).
The Final Question: What Are My Payment and Insurance Options?
Many dental insurance policies cover Invisalign. If your insurance has orthodontic coverage, it will most likely cover a certain percentage of your treatment. You can check with your insurance company, or your benefits’ manager, or look at your benefits package under the “orthodontics” section. To see what insurance policies we are in-network with, visit our insurance page. If you are visiting our dental office without dental insurance, and are interested in Invisalign, we have payment plan options for you! We believe every patient deserves to have the smile of their dreams, so that is why we have payment plan options to make orthodontic treatment more affordable. Read more about our payment plans and our Discount Dental Plan to learn more information on these services. We also accept third-party financing such as Care Credit.
What Should You Expect from Your FREE Invisalign Consultation?
While your cosmetic consultation doesn’t consist of any treatment, it is a great opportunity to meet the dentist or orthodontist who would administer your care, and ask any questions you have regarding Invisalign, or other cosmetic dentistry or ortho options. If you’re ready to book your consultation, go ahead and schedule an appointment. If you’d like to read more about Invisalign, visit our Invisalign page. We look forward to helping you reach your goal of a straighter smile!